Maybe you have a big heart yourself or maybe someone in your life does. I’ve experienced downfalls with myself as well as seen downfalls in the people I care about. And I’m not sure if the downfalls of having a big heart can be controlled or changed, but I like to think that pointing them out might help someone. Those with big hearts are very special people. The hardened world we live in hasn’t reached them, and they give us all hope.
1. You forgive too easily, even the people who don’t deserve your kindness, and you’re left feeling used.
2. You don’t tell the truth in the name of protecting someone’s feelings, but then you become trapped in a web of lies and you end up hurting that person more than the truth would’ve.
3. You don’t accept the harsh judgment of others so you take the plunge to find out yourself… And a lot of the time, you find out the hard way.
4. You choose to see the good in people, even when the bad needs attention and understanding, leaving the bad to swallow up everyone.
5. Everything you do is in the name of love, but you can’t quite grasp the concept of tough love, so you get stepped on.
6. You hand out too many second chances, and those who were undeserving of those chances make you look naïve.
7. You fall in love the way you should: blindly and passionately. But that’s not the way the world works… You also find that out the hard way.
8. You hold on when you should let go, and the inevitable breaking point breaks your big heart.
9. You don’t know how to say no, even when that’s the right answer, and you become overwhelmed.
10. You trust that everyone else’s heart is just as big as yours, and you refuse to believe it could be any different, even when you know it is.